Thumb

Air Pollution

Air Pollution

Air Pollution

Mission Statement: “To Excel in Creating Economical & Efficient Ways for Achieving Health and Happiness, today & tomorrow”




Air-Management

According to the data from World Health Organization (WHO), 1.6 million people die annually due to poor indoor air - that is one death every 20 seconds. Exposure to hazardous airborne agents present in many indoor spaces causes adverse effects such as respiratory disease, allergy and irritation of the respiratory tract therefore; Indoor air quality is an important determinant of population, health and wellbeing. This is primarily because of the toxic gasses and particles release from industries and power stations.

Most of the electricity produced worldwide results from the combustion of oil, coal and natural gas which emits large amounts of both gases (Sox, NOx, CO2 & CO) and particles where dust also contains heavy metals such as lead (Pb), zinc (Zn) and cadmium (Cd).

Vehicles are responsible for a significant part of global air pollution. In the developed countries, vehicles are a bigger source of air pollution than industry. On a global scale, cars emit about 300 million tonnes of toxic exhaust gases into the atmosphere each year. In Europe and North America, only 10% of the NOx emitted into the air is of natural origin, the remaining 90% comes mainly from high temperature (1,200 to 1,800 oC) combustion in vehicle engines.

Airplanes are another important source of atmospheric pollution. One jet plane emits as much pollution as 7,000 cars over the same time period. Unlike cars, airplanes emit their pollutants into the higher atmosphere and may, as a result, damage the stratospheric ozone layer. Due to poor indoor climate’s adverse effects, the World Health Organization has stated healthy indoor air as one of the basic human rights.